Running BE under secure conditions - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Running BE under secure conditions - Veritas Backup Exec ; Do any of you have a scenerio where you have a secure login to administrate BE on Win NT? I had in the past just logged onto the network as super administrator, which could do anything anywhere. We want to ...

  1. Running BE under secure conditions

    Do any of you have a scenerio where you have a secure login to administrate
    BE on Win NT?

    I had in the past just logged onto the network as super administrator, which
    could do anything anywhere.

    We want to now tighten the logins so that only certain logins could run BE
    and administrate BE.

    Any ideas?

    Ken

  2. Re: Running BE under secure conditions

    AFAIK, anyone in Domain Admins, local Admins or Backup Operators can execute
    BENT.

    You could always remove Domain Admins from the local admin group, and only add
    back the users you want to have access.

    Ken Sedlacek wrote:

    > Do any of you have a scenerio where you have a secure login to administrate
    > BE on Win NT?
    >
    > I had in the past just logged onto the network as super administrator, which
    > could do anything anywhere.
    >
    > We want to now tighten the logins so that only certain logins could run BE
    > and administrate BE.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Ken

+ Reply to Thread