Rebuilding server from scratch - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Rebuilding server from scratch - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has anyone out there backed up the registry using BackupExec then tried too do a restore? By problem is the partitions on the C: DRIVE are extremely low. Ideas? If I blow out all the paritions and then try a ...

  1. Rebuilding server from scratch

    Has anyone out there backed up the registry using BackupExec then tried too
    do a restore? By problem is the partitions on the C: DRIVE are extremely
    low. Ideas? If I blow out all the paritions and then try a complete restore
    will BackUp Exec look at the old paritions? Or does it even care?

  2. Re: Rebuilding server from scratch

    From the restores I have done it doesnt care. If you have a good backup and
    your "C partition is 2gig and you rebuild the server and the new one has a
    4gig partition BE will just restore to that drive. Granted when I did it I
    had a RAID card that controlled all disk access so I wasnt relying on NT to
    do it. You will have to run Disk Admin to rewrite signatures to the disks
    after the restore though. Your mileage may vary but it worked for me.

    Ken Watts

    "Michael Levitre" wrote in message

    > Has anyone out there backed up the registry using BackupExec then tried

    too
    > do a restore? By problem is the partitions on the C: DRIVE are extremely
    > low. Ideas? If I blow out all the paritions and then try a complete

    restore
    > will BackUp Exec look at the old paritions? Or does it even care?

  3. Re: Rebuilding server from scratch

    shutdown BackupExec services
    either do a special NTBackup job or copy the entire \BackupExec\NT tree to a
    network location for safekeeping
    rebuild server
    restore the data (either by NTBackup or network copy)
    reinstall Backupexec on top of the restored data

    Michael Levitre wrote:

    > Has anyone out there backed up the registry using BackupExec then tried too
    > do a restore? By problem is the partitions on the C: DRIVE are extremely
    > low. Ideas? If I blow out all the paritions and then try a complete restore
    > will BackUp Exec look at the old paritions? Or does it even care?

+ Reply to Thread