Problem with backup exec 7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem with backup exec 7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are currently running Backup Excec Version 7.3, revision 2371. We are confronting the problem that once the tape is full, it will not overwrite over the media, eventhough all the setting are configured to do so. Any one has ...

  1. Problem with backup exec 7.3

    We are currently running Backup Excec Version 7.3, revision 2371. We are
    confronting the problem that once the tape is full, it will not overwrite
    over the media, eventhough all the setting are configured to do so. Any one
    has enountered the same condition, and what has been done to correct it?

    Gracias,

    Elam Ramo

  2. Re: Problem with backup exec 7.3

    What is the retention period of the media set that resides on the tape?
    How do you have Media Overwrite configured (Full/Partial/None)

    Probably would have no effect here, but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the
    free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far as I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and the
    early v7.3 builds were all BETA code and still full of bugs.

    BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    SPANFIX
    MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe me)

    Elam Ramos wrote:

    > We are currently running Backup Excec Version 7.3, revision 2371. We are
    > confronting the problem that once the tape is full, it will not overwrite
    > over the media, eventhough all the setting are configured to do so. Any one
    > has enountered the same condition, and what has been done to correct it?
    >
    > Gracias,
    >
    > Elam Ramo

+ Reply to Thread