Problem with backup on a Exhcange 2000 from a Windows NT - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem with backup on a Exhcange 2000 from a Windows NT - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I have a little problem, and im trying to make a backup off a Windows 2000 machine and more importantly the Exchange 2000 on that machine. However, the scenario that seems to stop me from doing this are: ...

  1. Problem with backup on a Exhcange 2000 from a Windows NT

    Hi all,

    I have a little problem, and im trying to make a backup off a Windows 2000
    machine and more importantly the Exchange 2000 on that machine.

    However, the scenario that seems to stop me from doing this are:

    Backup machine - Windows NT server 4.0 SP 5, BKEXEC 8.5 (latest version
    downlodable from the web)
    This machine has the latest Exchange Agent installed.

    This machine lives in a own domain and the Windows 2000 machine is in
    another domain.
    The W2K machine has the remote agent installed.
    When doing selections i can see the Win2000 machine but could not connect to
    its mailboxes.
    After browsing support.veritas.com i understand that the Exchange admin must
    be installed on the machine performing the backup ?

    However, how do i install the Exchange 2000 administrator on a NT 4.0 ?
    I did install the Exchange 5.5 adm but i cant connect to the Exchange 2000
    machine.

    Also, the person who installed the Exchange 2000 did this using the
    LocalSystem Acount for the services, which dosent give me any username to
    connect to the mailboxes with - i tried with administrator wich i doesnt
    take.

    Any ideas how to resolve this anyone ?

    Best Regards
    Daniel

  2. Re: Problem with backup on a Exhcange 2000 from a Windows NT

    If you want to backup Win2000 machines, you need to install BE on a Win2000
    machine. You can backup basic file sharing from an NT4 box, but you miss
    Ex2000, SQL2000, AD, SystemState, etc.
    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

+ Reply to Thread