Max Capacity of 20/40GB DDS 4 DAT Tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Max Capacity of 20/40GB DDS 4 DAT Tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi NG, We use Backup Exec 8.0 with both SQL & Exchange Agents. When the total data (incl DB's) reaches approx 28GB the backup fails. We use compression and I expected to be able to backup far more than 75% ...

  1. Max Capacity of 20/40GB DDS 4 DAT Tape

    Hi NG,

    We use Backup Exec 8.0 with both SQL & Exchange Agents. When the total data
    (incl DB's) reaches approx 28GB the backup fails. We use compression and I
    expected to be able to backup far more than 75% of the tapes total capacity.

    Can someone please advise if this is normal, or do I have a problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jago Taylor

  2. Re: Max Capacity of 20/40GB DDS 4 DAT Tape

    The capacity of a 20/40Gb tape is 20Gb WITHOUT compression, the amount WITH
    compression can be up to about 40Gb. 28Gb sounds about right, but will
    depend on the type of data being backed-up.

    "Jago Taylor" wrote in message
    > Hi NG,
    >
    > We use Backup Exec 8.0 with both SQL & Exchange Agents. When the total

    data
    > (incl DB's) reaches approx 28GB the backup fails. We use compression and I
    > expected to be able to backup far more than 75% of the tapes total

    capacity.

    > Can someone please advise if this is normal, or do I have a problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Jago Taylor

+ Reply to Thread