Skipped Files for exchange - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Skipped Files for exchange - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running NT SBS 4.5 with BE 8.5 for SBS I have a problem with skipped files when doing a full backup. item \exchsrvr\dsadata\dir.edb in use - skipped " "edb.log " "temp.edb item \exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat in use -skipped " "mdbdata\edb.log in ...

  1. Skipped Files for exchange

    I'm running NT SBS 4.5 with BE 8.5 for SBS
    I have a problem with skipped files when doing a full backup.

    item \exchsrvr\dsadata\dir.edb in use - skipped
    " "edb.log
    " "temp.edb
    item \exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat in use -skipped
    " "mdbdata\edb.log in use - skipped
    " "priv.edb in use - skipped
    " "pub.edb in use - skipped
    " "tmp.edb in use skipped
    It is my understanding that BE for SBS has all of the Backup agents included
    as part of the package and these files should always be backed up.
    After looking at the other postings on this board, I don't think that I believe
    that anymore.
    Does anyone have any information about how to get rid of these skipped file
    "errors"?

  2. Re: Skipped Files for exchange

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/207980.htm

    Basically it says that since Exchange has those files open, they cannot be backed
    up as flat files.

    As long as the separate section of the backup for Exchange indicates success,
    you're covered.

    Chad Blackburn wrote:

    > I'm running NT SBS 4.5 with BE 8.5 for SBS
    > I have a problem with skipped files when doing a full backup.
    >
    > item \exchsrvr\dsadata\dir.edb in use - skipped
    > " "edb.log
    > " "temp.edb
    > item \exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat in use -skipped
    > " "mdbdata\edb.log in use - skipped
    > " "priv.edb in use - skipped
    > " "pub.edb in use - skipped
    > " "tmp.edb in use skipped
    > It is my understanding that BE for SBS has all of the Backup agents included
    > as part of the package and these files should always be backed up.
    > After looking at the other postings on this board, I don't think that I believe
    > that anymore.
    > Does anyone have any information about how to get rid of these skipped file
    > "errors"?

+ Reply to Thread