DLT Changer only uses on drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on DLT Changer only uses on drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi everyone, I have a 15 tape, changer with two drives (0 and 1)tapes are partitioned into 7 devices with two tapes in each and one left for the cleaning cartridge. It has been a few weeks now that the ...

  1. DLT Changer only uses on drive

    Hi everyone,

    I have a 15 tape, changer with two drives (0 and 1)tapes are partitioned
    into 7 devices with two tapes in each and one left for the cleaning cartridge.
    It has been a few weeks now that the Compaq changer only uses drive 0 for
    backup and I can't find any setting to force it to use the other drive (drive
    1).

    Any suggestion is appreciated

    Thanks
    Saeed Rezaei

  2. Re: DLT Changer only uses on drive

    Version of BENT?

    If it is v8.0 or higher, you need to purchase and install a copy of the Library
    Expansion Option for every drive after the first in tape library. That is, you
    get Autoloader support for one drive with the base code. To support two drives
    you need one copy of the LEO,. for four drives, three copies, etc

    Saeed Rezaei wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have a 15 tape, changer with two drives (0 and 1)tapes are partitioned
    > into 7 devices with two tapes in each and one left for the cleaning cartridge.
    > It has been a few weeks now that the Compaq changer only uses drive 0 for
    > backup and I can't find any setting to force it to use the other drive (drive
    > 1).
    >
    > Any suggestion is appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    > Saeed Rezaei