OFM in version 8.5 and crazy resource requirements - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFM in version 8.5 and crazy resource requirements - Veritas Backup Exec ; I went from 7.3 to 8.5 and what a difference! OFM was set to 500 Initial size and 2G as the maximum. I have now had to set the minimum to 1000M and the maximum to 8G. For the maximum ...

  1. OFM in version 8.5 and crazy resource requirements

    I went from 7.3 to 8.5 and what a difference! OFM was set to 500 Initial
    size and 2G as the maximum. I have now had to set the minimum to 1000M and
    the maximum to 8G. For the maximum I went from 2G to 4G then 6G and mow I
    am trying 8G. Why is 8.5 taking so much more resources. There are only
    200,000 files on this drive. I can't wait to see what I will have to do to
    backup the large drive!

  2. Re: OFM in version 8.5 and crazy resource requirements

    Is this crazy or what. This worked fine with 2G on ver 7.3. Now 10G is not
    enough.
    Device: \\GOLIATH\E$.
    OFO: Static file on device running OFO has grown to maximum size (10000 MB)
    and cannot be incremented anymore.
    To increase the minimum and maximum size, use the OFO Wizard on the Tools
    menu.
    Optimum settings for your system will vary.
    Suggested alternate settings are minimum 200 and maximum 800 or minimum 1000
    and maximum 2000.

    "news.support.veritas.com" wrote in message
    > I went from 7.3 to 8.5 and what a difference! OFM was set to 500 Initial
    > size and 2G as the maximum. I have now had to set the minimum to 1000M

    and
    > the maximum to 8G. For the maximum I went from 2G to 4G then 6G and mow I
    > am trying 8G. Why is 8.5 taking so much more resources. There are only
    > 200,000 files on this drive. I can't wait to see what I will have to do

    > backup the large drive!

+ Reply to Thread