BE 8.5 Loading.......... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5 Loading.......... - Veritas Backup Exec ; I see there are several problems with the job status "Loading". Well, I found out if I wait long enough it will run! It just took 30 minutes for the backup job to actually start backing up. Anybody have any ...

  1. BE 8.5 Loading..........

    I see there are several problems with the job status "Loading". Well, I
    found out if I wait long enough it will run! It just took 30 minutes for
    the backup job to actually start backing up.

    Anybody have any Idea what BE is doing for 30 minutes? It was not using any
    resources to speek of.

  2. Re: BE 8.5 Loading..........

    If this is for a large job, including networked machines, and if you network is
    rather slow, or bottlenecked, go to Tools/Options/Backup and uncheck Pre-Scan.
    With the box checked, BENT will scan all drives selected to get a number and
    size count for all files to be backed up.

    "news.support.veritas.com" wrote:

    > I see there are several problems with the job status "Loading". Well, I
    > found out if I wait long enough it will run! It just took 30 minutes for
    > the backup job to actually start backing up.
    >
    > Anybody have any Idea what BE is doing for 30 minutes? It was not using any
    > resources to speek of.

  3. Re: BE 8.5 Loading..........

    It is not checked.
    The network averages <1%.
    BE does not appear to be doing anything at all.
    The drive is a over the network and has about 39G of data in just under 200K
    files on a 55G Drive

    I have seen thin on other machines on the network. One machine has 3 drives
    and it will stop 15 minutes to a half hour between each drive on the
    machine.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > If this is for a large job, including networked machines, and if you

    network is
    > rather slow, or bottlenecked, go to Tools/Options/Backup and uncheck

    Pre-Scan.
    > With the box checked, BENT will scan all drives selected to get a number

    and
    > size count for all files to be backed up.
    >
    > "news.support.veritas.com" wrote:
    >
    > > I see there are several problems with the job status "Loading". Well, I
    > > found out if I wait long enough it will run! It just took 30 minutes

    for
    > > the backup job to actually start backing up.
    > >
    > > Anybody have any Idea what BE is doing for 30 minutes? It was not using

    any
    > > resources to speek of.

+ Reply to Thread