AIT2 Media Question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on AIT2 Media Question - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anybody know what advantage the in cassette memory gives? Does the software have to take advantage of this feature or will the tape drive write a catalogue automatically to the microchip? I am using BackupExec 8.5 with an Overland ...

  1. AIT2 Media Question

    Does anybody know what advantage the in cassette memory gives?
    Does the software have to take advantage of this feature or will the tape
    drive write a catalogue automatically to the microchip?

    I am using BackupExec 8.5 with an Overland Autoloader which has a AIT2
    drive. I have found little documentation on this so any web links would be
    welcome.

    Thanks,
    Greg

  2. Re: AIT2 Media Question

    "Greg Hauck" wrote:
    >Does anybody know what advantage the in cassette memory gives?
    >Does the software have to take advantage of this feature or will the tape
    >drive write a catalogue automatically to the microchip?
    >
    >I am using BackupExec 8.5 with an Overland Autoloader which has a AIT2
    >drive. I have found little documentation on this so any web links would

    be
    >welcome.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Greg

    At this time I know of no software that uses the memory chip.
    It is supposed to be used to store indexes to the tape media sets
    for very quick access. Would be nice to have.
    Maybe this is what Veritas is working so diligently on.

+ Reply to Thread