can not restore SQL 2000 database - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on can not restore SQL 2000 database - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currnetly using SQL Server 2000 on a machine with Win2000 Server SP1. I had to set up a new Harddisk set by restoring all the data (Win2000, data Files, Exchange Server and SQL Server). There were no errors ...

  1. can not restore SQL 2000 database

    I am currnetly using SQL Server 2000 on a machine with Win2000 Server SP1.
    I had to set up a new Harddisk set by restoring all the data (Win2000, data
    Files, Exchange Server and SQL Server).
    There were no errors on backup, i could also restore all data to the new
    disk set, but i have Problems with exchange server and SQL server. Exchange
    server could be restored, but can not be accessed by the workstations,by
    restoring SQL the job fails after a few seconds and SQL server can not be
    started.
    can anyone help me, I would be very gratefull.
    Thank you
    Albert Lehmann
    Can someone help

  2. Re: can not restore SQL 2000 database

    Just a guess - security for the services has to be re-established?
    "Albert Lehmann" wrote in message

    > I am currnetly using SQL Server 2000 on a machine with Win2000 Server SP1.
    > I had to set up a new Harddisk set by restoring all the data (Win2000,

    data
    > Files, Exchange Server and SQL Server).
    > There were no errors on backup, i could also restore all data to the new
    > disk set, but i have Problems with exchange server and SQL server.

    Exchange
    > server could be restored, but can not be accessed by the workstations,by
    > restoring SQL the job fails after a few seconds and SQL server can not be
    > started.
    > can anyone help me, I would be very gratefull.
    > Thank you
    > Albert Lehmann
    > Can someone help

+ Reply to Thread