This is a discussion on Loading Media.... - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Version 8.5 and for 2 months exactly it has been backing up perfectly everynight until 5/8 and now it is not recognizing the tapes. I have a Compaq DLT 40/80 drive. I'm using the exact same tapes for ...

    I have Version 8.5 and for 2 months exactly it has been backing up perfectly
    everynight until 5/8 and now it is not recognizing the tapes. I have a Compaq
    DLT 40/80 drive. I'm using the exact same tapes for Mon-Fri and the tape
    device reads EMPTY. Everytime I run a backup it just says Loading. Any
    ideas?

  2. Re: Loading Media....

    I have seen this... Rebooting the server would fix it because it would
    reset the drive. You also may be able to stop the BE services, then start
    them again.

    "Kevin Crackel" wrote in message

    > I have Version 8.5 and for 2 months exactly it has been backing up

    perfectly
    > everynight until 5/8 and now it is not recognizing the tapes. I have a

    Compaq
    > DLT 40/80 drive. I'm using the exact same tapes for Mon-Fri and the tape
    > device reads EMPTY. Everytime I run a backup it just says Loading. Any
    > ideas?

  3. Re: Loading Media....

    Another way to fix it is do a full erase for that tape. I have the same situation
    before.

    "Ken" wrote:
    >I have seen this... Rebooting the server would fix it because it would
    >reset the drive. You also may be able to stop the BE services, then start
    >them again.
    >
    >"Kevin Crackel" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have Version 8.5 and for 2 months exactly it has been backing up

    >perfectly
    >> everynight until 5/8 and now it is not recognizing the tapes. I have

    >Compaq
    >> DLT 40/80 drive. I'm using the exact same tapes for Mon-Fri and the tape
    >> device reads EMPTY. Everytime I run a backup it just says Loading. Any
    >> ideas?

  4. Re: Loading Media....

    This problem seems to be more common than I thought. Is there a patch for
    this? I do not want to reset my production server ever 25 days.

  5. Re: Loading Media....

    If you are using OFO this perfectly normal, then you will see loading media
    until OFO has created the static volume.

    Mike

    Conna wrote in message
    > This problem seems to be more common than I thought. Is there a patch for
    > this? I do not want to reset my production server ever 25 days.

+ Reply to Thread