Physical Volume Library Database - general error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Physical Volume Library Database - general error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hey Ho, Had a client lose power, completely, NT Srv 4.0,. Now BE 7.3, upon launching errs out to a screen that says "Physical Volulme Library Database - general error". The engine is not running, I start it but it ...

  1. Physical Volume Library Database - general error

    Hey Ho,
    Had a client lose power, completely, NT Srv 4.0,. Now BE 7.3, upon launching
    errs out to a screen that says "Physical Volulme Library Database - general
    error". The engine is not running, I start it but it does not fix it. NT
    backup works, sees the tape drive, so I know it's not the drive. Veritas
    has no help on the website for me and the message board lists this particular
    problem with no response back in June '00. HAVE rebooted server, no fix.
    Other than trying reload, jeez, not again, any suggestions. Thanks, AJ

  2. Re: Physical Volume Library Database - general error

    The only hit I could find in the Knowledge base indicates (in a round about way)
    that the power off may have corrupted the PVL.MDB file.

    Try renaming the file in ..\BackupExec\NT and replacing with the default file
    (You'll probably have to install in demo mode on another machine to get the file
    from the 7.3 install media.

    After replacing the file, you'll need to re-define any locally defined media sets
    and redefine any loader partitions you have created.

    AJ Lawrence wrote:

    > Hey Ho,
    > Had a client lose power, completely, NT Srv 4.0,. Now BE 7.3, upon launching
    > errs out to a screen that says "Physical Volulme Library Database - general
    > error". The engine is not running, I start it but it does not fix it. NT
    > backup works, sees the tape drive, so I know it's not the drive. Veritas
    > has no help on the website for me and the message board lists this particular
    > problem with no response back in June '00. HAVE rebooted server, no fix.
    > Other than trying reload, jeez, not again, any suggestions. Thanks, AJ

+ Reply to Thread