overwrite media alert - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on overwrite media alert - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using backup exec 8.5. I do full backups daily and have set the option to overwrite the media. I keep getting the overwrite media - respond OK screen. The backup does complete, ut is there a way to ...

  1. overwrite media alert

    I am using backup exec 8.5. I do full backups daily and have set the option
    to overwrite the media. I keep getting the overwrite media - respond OK
    screen. The backup does complete, ut is there a way to prevent this message
    coming up?
    Thanks for the help.

  2. Re: overwrite media alert

    Russell,

    take a look at this document

    "Russell" wrote:
    >I am using backup exec 8.5. I do full backups daily and have set the option
    >to overwrite the media. I keep getting the overwrite media - respond OK
    >screen. The backup does complete, ut is there a way to prevent this message
    >coming up?
    >Thanks for the help.

  3. Re: overwrite media alert

    Set the retention period of the media set so that it will expire media before
    they are due to be reused

    or

    when you swap tapes, inventory, then drag-n-drop that tape volume to the scratch
    media set

    adrian wrote:

    > Russell,
    >
    > take a look at this document
    >
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm
    >
    > "Russell" wrote:
    > >I am using backup exec 8.5. I do full backups daily and have set the option
    > >to overwrite the media. I keep getting the overwrite media - respond OK
    > >screen. The backup does complete, ut is there a way to prevent this message
    > >coming up?
    > >Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread