services fail to start after install of BENT7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on services fail to start after install of BENT7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; After installing BENT 7.3 on NT4.0 Service Pack 6a there is an error message that the Performance Counters failed to install. The install then completes and services start except for Job Engine and We have done a complete rebuild of ...

  1. services fail to start after install of BENT7.3

    After installing BENT 7.3 on NT4.0 Service Pack 6a there is an error message
    that the Performance Counters failed to install. The install then completes
    and services start except for Job Engine and

    We have done a complete rebuild of the machine, have tried to install it on
    two other NT machines, all with the same problem.

    When we try to start the services we receive an error 0341?

    Have checked the dcomcnfg settings and they are correct. Have tried to
    regsvr32 becombinder.dll and receive an error when doing so.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: services fail to start after install of BENT7.3

    What is the Text of the error message?
    What MDAC are you at?

    Bud Berrett wrote:

    > After installing BENT 7.3 on NT4.0 Service Pack 6a there is an error message
    > that the Performance Counters failed to install. The install then completes
    > and services start except for Job Engine and
    >
    > We have done a complete rebuild of the machine, have tried to install it on
    > two other NT machines, all with the same problem.
    >
    > When we try to start the services we receive an error 0341?
    >
    > Have checked the dcomcnfg settings and they are correct. Have tried to
    > regsvr32 becombinder.dll and receive an error when doing so.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

  3. Re: services fail to start after install of BENT7.3

    Thanks for the response.

    Running MDAC 2.5.

    The error message when trying to register becombinder.dll is:
    LoadLibrary("becomebinder.dll") failed.
    GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > What is the Text of the error message?
    > What MDAC are you at?
    >
    > Bud Berrett wrote:
    >
    > > After installing BENT 7.3 on NT4.0 Service Pack 6a there is an error

    message
    > > that the Performance Counters failed to install. The install then

    completes
    > > and services start except for Job Engine and
    > >
    > > We have done a complete rebuild of the machine, have tried to install it

    on
    > > two other NT machines, all with the same problem.
    > >
    > > When we try to start the services we receive an error 0341?
    > >
    > > Have checked the dcomcnfg settings and they are correct. Have tried to
    > > regsvr32 becombinder.dll and receive an error when doing so.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread