BENT 8.5 using RA and OFO - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 8.5 using RA and OFO - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm backing up two remote systems.. both have the RA and the OFO installed.. the OFO has a min of 200 and a max of 1000mb for the static vol. each has over 3 gb of diskspace free. unfortunately I ...

  1. BENT 8.5 using RA and OFO

    I'm backing up two remote systems..

    both have the RA and the OFO installed..

    the OFO has a min of 200 and a max of 1000mb for the static vol.

    each has over 3 gb of diskspace free.

    unfortunately I get the following on each of the default admin shares.

    OFO: not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment the
    static volume.
    OFO: Initialization failure on: \\Server1name\C$

    (applies on \\server1name\E$, \\server2name\C$ etc)

    the job fails because of this..

    but a number of files in use aer backed up -

    anyone know why this is happening..

    mike

  2. Re: BENT 8.5 using RA and OFO

    "mike" wrote:
    >I'm backing up two remote systems..
    >
    >both have the RA and the OFO installed..
    >
    >the OFO has a min of 200 and a max of 1000mb for the static vol.
    >
    >each has over 3 gb of diskspace free.
    >
    >unfortunately I get the following on each of the default admin shares.
    >
    >OFO: not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment

    the
    >static volume.
    >OFO: Initialization failure on: \\Server1name\C$
    >
    >(applies on \\server1name\E$, \\server2name\C$ etc)
    >
    >the job fails because of this..
    >
    >but a number of files in use aer backed up -
    >
    >anyone know why this is happening..
    >

    >mike

    I had a similar problem a while back it is to do with using UNC path names
    in your static volume settings.

    Check out this link :-

    It should help.

    Cheers