Oracle Agent Problems with 8.1.7, multiple installations/instances - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Oracle Agent Problems with 8.1.7, multiple installations/instances - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have both NT and W2K Oracle servers. With 8.1.7 installed, I can only see the two folders {ARCHIVED LOGFILES} and {DATABASE CONTROL FILE}, with one exception. When the Oracle version is below that, I have no problem with backup. ...

  1. Oracle Agent Problems with 8.1.7, multiple installations/instances

    We have both NT and W2K Oracle servers. With 8.1.7 installed, I can only see
    the two folders {ARCHIVED LOGFILES} and {DATABASE CONTROL FILE}, with one
    exception. When the Oracle version is below that, I have no problem with
    backup. This occurs only when there are multiple installations on a machine,
    which are mainly multiple instances (but not necessarily). I have debugged
    the agent, checked control files, and checked HOME location in the Registry.
    I checked the ociw32.dll version, but don't have a resolution for multiple
    version instances. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this?
    From what I read here, no one has gotten multiple instances working properly.

  2. Re: Oracle Agent Problems with 8.1.7, multiple installations/instances SOLVED

    Solved.
    Edit the system PATH then and put \ora81\bin or \ora816\bin in front of
    \ora817\bin, to affect the found-order of the dll, then reboot. This tells
    us that 8.1.6 client should be installed on all the 8.1.7 machines for the
    use of the agent. Check with Dependency Walker to verify the dll that is
    loaded.
    DIY

    Randy Weis wrote in message

    > We have both NT and W2K Oracle servers. With 8.1.7 installed, I can only

    see
    > the two folders {ARCHIVED LOGFILES} and {DATABASE CONTROL FILE}, with one
    > exception. When the Oracle version is below that, I have no problem with
    > backup. This occurs only when there are multiple installations on a

    machine,
    > which are mainly multiple instances (but not necessarily). I have debugged
    > the agent, checked control files, and checked HOME location in the

    Registry.
    > I checked the ociw32.dll version, but don't have a resolution for multiple
    > version instances. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting

    this?
    > From what I read here, no one has gotten multiple instances working

    properly.

+ Reply to Thread