Compression - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Compression - Veritas Backup Exec ; Reinstalled 8.0, backs up fine, but can't seem to set compression so that I can back up all my data w/o it failing. I have it set for hardware compression otherwise none. Is this the correct setting. Thanks in advance....

  1. Compression

    Reinstalled 8.0, backs up fine, but can't seem to set compression so that
    I can back up all my data w/o it failing. I have it set for hardware compression
    otherwise none. Is this the correct setting. Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Compression

    I got burned on HW compression one time, when I tried to restore from a drive that
    was an RMA return. Seems the different firmware levels were not compatible!!

    I prefer to use software compression, and see no differences when I compare
    throughputs with hardware or no compression.

    What errors are you getting when you try compression

    Steve Schroeder wrote:

    > Reinstalled 8.0, backs up fine, but can't seem to set compression so that
    > I can back up all my data w/o it failing. I have it set for hardware compression
    > otherwise none. Is this the correct setting. Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread