Remote Agent Won't Start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent Won't Start - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've tried installing the Remote Agent on a Win 2K Advanced Server both ways...from the BE host server, and also by running SETUPAA.CMD on the remote server...it installs fine, but backups fail because the Remote Agent Service won't start. When ...

  1. Remote Agent Won't Start

    I've tried installing the Remote Agent on a Win 2K Advanced Server
    both ways...from the BE host server, and also by running SETUPAA.CMD
    on the remote server...it installs fine, but backups fail because
    the Remote Agent Service won't start. When I try to start the
    service I get this:

    "Microsoft Management Console
    Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/200
    service on the Local Computer.
    Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

    I suspect this is a Win2000 thing. Anybody know how to correct it?

  2. Re: Remote Agent Won't Start

    Version and Build of BENT? (From Help/About if you don't know)

    Ed Partridge wrote:

    > I've tried installing the Remote Agent on a Win 2K Advanced Server
    > both ways...from the BE host server, and also by running SETUPAA.CMD
    > on the remote server...it installs fine, but backups fail because
    > the Remote Agent Service won't start. When I try to start the
    > service I get this:
    >
    > "Microsoft Management Console
    > Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/200
    > service on the Local Computer.
    > Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    >
    > I suspect this is a Win2000 thing. Anybody know how to correct it?

  3. Re: Remote Agent Won't Start

    "Ed Partridge" wrote:

    >I've tried installing the Remote Agent on a Win 2K Advanced Server
    >both ways...from the BE host server, and also by running SETUPAA.CMD
    >on the remote server...it installs fine, but backups fail because
    >the Remote Agent Service won't start. When I try to start the
    >service I get this:

    Of course you know remote account must be local or domain administrator
    and it must be able to log in as a service.
    >"Microsoft Management Console
    >Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/200
    >service on the Local Computer.
    >Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    >
    >I suspect this is a Win2000 thing. Anybody know how to correct it?

  4. Re: Remote Agent Won't Start

    Version 8.5 Release 3571

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Version and Build of BENT? (From Help/About if you don't know)
    >
    >Ed Partridge wrote:
    >
    >> I've tried installing the Remote Agent on a Win 2K Advanced Server
    >> both ways...from the BE host server, and also by running SETUPAA.CMD
    >> on the remote server...it installs fine, but backups fail because
    >> the Remote Agent Service won't start. When I try to start the
    >> service I get this:
    >>
    >> "Microsoft Management Console
    >> Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/200
    >> service on the Local Computer.
    >> Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    >>
    >> I suspect this is a Win2000 thing. Anybody know how to correct it?

  5. Re: Remote Agent Won't Start

    Yup using the local Administrator account.

    "Doug Cook" wrote:

    >"Ed Partridge" wrote:
    >>
    >>I've tried installing the Remote Agent on a Win 2K Advanced Server
    >>both ways...from the BE host server, and also by running SETUPAA.CMD
    >>on the remote server...it installs fine, but backups fail because
    >>the Remote Agent Service won't start. When I try to start the
    >>service I get this:
    >>

    >Of course you know remote account must be local or domain administrator
    >and it must be able to log in as a service.
    >>"Microsoft Management Console
    >>Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/200
    >>service on the Local Computer.
    >>Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    >>
    >>I suspect this is a Win2000 thing. Anybody know how to correct it?

+ Reply to Thread