Can't catalog - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't catalog - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Veritas 8.0 Rev 3316, and HP SureStore DLT Autoloader. One strange thing is there is nothing on "Restore Selection". Also, when I try to catalog, I got this message: "The Media for sequence number 1 in this media ...

  1. Can't catalog

    We have Veritas 8.0 Rev 3316, and HP SureStore DLT Autoloader.

    One strange thing is there is nothing on "Restore Selection".
    Also, when I try to catalog, I got this message:

    "The Media for sequence number 1 in this media has not been invented. No
    sets on this media may be cataloged."

    Thanks for any help in advance!

  2. Re: Can't catalog

    I had the same issue last week. The betopcat.idx file in the Catalogs directory
    was not rebuilding when I renamed the old one. Upon suggestion from a newgroup
    user, I re-installed the software. I saved off \Catalogs, \Data, and pvl.mdb
    but I didn't need the saved copies. That worked for me.

    >"Leo Cheng" wrote:
    >

    >We have Veritas 8.0 Rev 3316, and HP SureStore DLT Autoloader.
    >
    >One strange thing is there is nothing on "Restore Selection".
    >Also, when I try to catalog, I got this message:
    >
    >"The Media for sequence number 1 in this media has not been invented. No
    >sets on this media may be cataloged."
    >
    >Thanks for any help in advance!

  3. Re: Can't catalog

    Before you can catalog a tape, it must be inventoried, if it is a
    multi-volume backup, all volumes must be inventoried first

    As for the empty restore pane, see

    Leo Cheng wrote:

    > We have Veritas 8.0 Rev 3316, and HP SureStore DLT Autoloader.
    >
    > One strange thing is there is nothing on "Restore Selection".
    > Also, when I try to catalog, I got this message:
    >
    > "The Media for sequence number 1 in this media has not been invented. No
    > sets on this media may be cataloged."
    >
    > Thanks for any help in advance!

+ Reply to Thread