Sco Open Server V5.0.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Sco Open Server V5.0.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; The backup agent intalls and starts fine but I can't see the sco box from the backup exec server. The backup exec server is WinNT4.0, running multiserver version 7.3 rev. 2575. What do I need to do?...

  1. Sco Open Server V5.0.5

    The backup agent intalls and starts fine but I can't see the sco box from
    the backup exec server. The backup exec server is WinNT4.0, running multiserver
    version 7.3 rev. 2575.
    What do I need to do?

  2. Re: Sco Open Server V5.0.5

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm

    Roger Konwinski wrote:

    > The backup agent intalls and starts fine but I can't see the sco box from
    > the backup exec server. The backup exec server is WinNT4.0, running multiserver
    > version 7.3 rev. 2575.
    > What do I need to do?

  3. Re: Sco Open Server V5.0.5

    After further troubleshooting, the Sco box is not listening on port 6101 when
    a "netstat -an" is executed. The agent.log states everything is OK and I
    see two running processes when I execute a "ps -ef". What would prevent
    the agent from opening and listening on port 6101??
    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm
    >
    >Roger Konwinski wrote:
    >
    >> The backup agent intalls and starts fine but I can't see the sco box from
    >> the backup exec server. The backup exec server is WinNT4.0, running multiserver
    >> version 7.3 rev. 2575.
    >> What do I need to do?

  4. Re: Sco Open Server V5.0.5

    This may or may not be the problem, but the latest Unix Agent say it supports SCO 5.0.0

    You may have too new an OS!

    Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing?

    Roger Konwinski wrote:

    > After further troubleshooting, the Sco box is not listening on port 6101 when
    > a "netstat -an" is executed. The agent.log states everything is OK and I
    > see two running processes when I execute a "ps -ef". What would prevent
    > the agent from opening and listening on port 6101??
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm
    > >
    > >Roger Konwinski wrote:
    > >
    > >> The backup agent intalls and starts fine but I can't see the sco box from
    > >> the backup exec server. The backup exec server is WinNT4.0, running multiserver
    > >> version 7.3 rev. 2575.
    > >> What do I need to do?

+ Reply to Thread