Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied - Veritas Backup Exec ; > >Unable to attach to \\SERVER\System?State . >Access is denied. > >To Backup or Restore System State, Administrator privileges are required. > > >I've set the BENT user as a Domain Administrator and still get these errors. We're running Veritas ...

  1. Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied

    >Unable to attach to \\SERVER\System?State .
    >Access is denied.
    >
    >To Backup or Restore System State, Administrator privileges are required.
    >

    >I've set the BENT user as a Domain Administrator and still get these errors.

    We're running Veritas 8.5 (build 3572) along with Windows 2000 server and
    Exchange 2000. We've gone through and installed the remote agents for NT/2000
    and exchange, created a backup service account and made sure to give this
    account the necessary permissions. I've talked with veritas several times
    about this issue and they don't seem to have a resolution for this. They're
    saying it's a Microsoft problem and Microsoft is saying Veritas (what else
    is new). Are you running the same specs. as we are? If so, were you able
    to resolve this issue and backup the system state on a remote box without
    the above error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Ian Forbes

  2. Re: Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied

    I've tried everything to no avail. Based upon the responses that other folks
    have reported from tech support on this problem, I haven't even bothered
    calling VERITAS.

    The most bizarre thing about my situation is that remote system state backup
    of this one domain controller was working fine day after day, and then one
    day, it just decided to stop backing up system state and began throwing this
    error.

    Maybe VERITAS will release a patch to make system state backups work some
    day....

    "Ian Forbes" wrote:

    >>Unable to attach to \\SERVER\System?State .
    >>Access is denied.
    >>
    >>To Backup or Restore System State, Administrator privileges are required.
    >>

    >>I've set the BENT user as a Domain Administrator and still get these errors.

    >We're running Veritas 8.5 (build 3572) along with Windows 2000 server and
    >Exchange 2000. We've gone through and installed the remote agents for NT/2000
    >and exchange, created a backup service account and made sure to give this
    >account the necessary permissions. I've talked with veritas several times
    >about this issue and they don't seem to have a resolution for this. They're
    >saying it's a Microsoft problem and Microsoft is saying Veritas (what else
    >is new). Are you running the same specs. as we are? If so, were you able
    >to resolve this issue and backup the system state on a remote box without
    >the above error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Ian Forbes

  3. Re: Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied

    Mike - I saw your reply to my problem in the Veritas newsgroup. After much
    conversing with Veritas they finally admitted the problem backing up the
    system state on a remote box was an application bug, and believe it or not
    they released a fix to me. I tested it and it solved the problem instantly.
    Let me know if you'd like me to e-mail you the fix.

    Ian

    "Mike Graff" wrote:

    >I've tried everything to no avail. Based upon the responses that other

    folks
    >have reported from tech support on this problem, I haven't even bothered
    >calling VERITAS.
    >
    >The most bizarre thing about my situation is that remote system state backup
    >of this one domain controller was working fine day after day, and then one
    >day, it just decided to stop backing up system state and began throwing

    this
    >error.
    >
    >Maybe VERITAS will release a patch to make system state backups work some
    >day....
    >

    >"Ian Forbes" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Unable to attach to \\SERVER\System?State .
    >>>Access is denied.
    >>>
    >>>To Backup or Restore System State, Administrator privileges are required.
    >>>

    >>>I've set the BENT user as a Domain Administrator and still get these errors.

    >>We're running Veritas 8.5 (build 3572) along with Windows 2000 server and
    >>Exchange 2000. We've gone through and installed the remote agents for NT/2000
    >>and exchange, created a backup service account and made sure to give this
    >>account the necessary permissions. I've talked with veritas several times
    >>about this issue and they don't seem to have a resolution for this. They're
    >>saying it's a Microsoft problem and Microsoft is saying Veritas (what else
    >>is new). Are you running the same specs. as we are? If so, were you able
    >>to resolve this issue and backup the system state on a remote box without
    >>the above error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>Ian Forbes

  4. Re: Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied

    Hi Ian,

    i have the same problem. Please send me the solution of the Problem. Itīs
    very urgent

    Matthias

    "Ian Forbes" wrote:

    >Mike - I saw your reply to my problem in the Veritas newsgroup. After much
    >conversing with Veritas they finally admitted the problem backing up the
    >system state on a remote box was an application bug, and believe it or not
    >they released a fix to me. I tested it and it solved the problem instantly.
    >Let me know if you'd like me to e-mail you the fix.
    >
    >Ian
    >

    >"Mike Graff" wrote:
    >>
    >>I've tried everything to no avail. Based upon the responses that other

    >folks
    >>have reported from tech support on this problem, I haven't even bothered
    >>calling VERITAS.
    >>
    >>The most bizarre thing about my situation is that remote system state backup
    >>of this one domain controller was working fine day after day, and then

    one
    >>day, it just decided to stop backing up system state and began throwing

    >this
    >>error.
    >>
    >>Maybe VERITAS will release a patch to make system state backups work some
    >>day....

    errors.

    >>>We're running Veritas 8.5 (build 3572) along with Windows 2000 server

    and
    >>>Exchange 2000. We've gone through and installed the remote agents for

    NT/2000
    >>>and exchange, created a backup service account and made sure to give this
    >>>account the necessary permissions. I've talked with veritas several times
    >>>about this issue and they don't seem to have a resolution for this. They're
    >>>saying it's a Microsoft problem and Microsoft is saying Veritas (what

    else
    >>>is new). Are you running the same specs. as we are? If so, were you able
    >>>to resolve this issue and backup the system state on a remote box without
    >>>the above error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Ian Forbes

  5. Re: Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied

    Please send me this patch. Urgent!
    Thanks - Larry

    On 8 May 2001 16:45:17 -0400, "Ian Forbes"
    wrote:

    >Mike - I saw your reply to my problem in the Veritas newsgroup. After much
    >conversing with Veritas they finally admitted the problem backing up the
    >system state on a remote box was an application bug, and believe it or not
    >they released a fix to me. I tested it and it solved the problem instantly.
    >Let me know if you'd like me to e-mail you the fix.
    >
    >Ian
    >

    >"Mike Graff" wrote:
    >>
    >>I've tried everything to no avail. Based upon the responses that other

    >folks
    >>have reported from tech support on this problem, I haven't even bothered
    >>calling VERITAS.
    >>
    >>The most bizarre thing about my situation is that remote system state backup
    >>of this one domain controller was working fine day after day, and then one
    >>day, it just decided to stop backing up system state and began throwing

    >this
    >>error.
    >>
    >>Maybe VERITAS will release a patch to make system state backups work some
    >>day....

    >>>We're running Veritas 8.5 (build 3572) along with Windows 2000 server and
    >>>Exchange 2000. We've gone through and installed the remote agents for NT/2000
    >>>and exchange, created a backup service account and made sure to give this
    >>>account the necessary permissions. I've talked with veritas several times
    >>>about this issue and they don't seem to have a resolution for this. They're
    >>>saying it's a Microsoft problem and Microsoft is saying Veritas (what else
    >>>is new). Are you running the same specs. as we are? If so, were you able
    >>>to resolve this issue and backup the system state on a remote box without
    >>>the above error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Ian Forbes

  6. Re: Veritas 8.5 - Unable to attach, access denied

    Just so you know, Ian sent me the patch, I applied it, and it DID NOT fix
    my problem.

    Backup Exec 8.5 system state backups across domains are just broken in my
    opinion......

+ Reply to Thread