7.3 re-install = Dr. Watson - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 7.3 re-install = Dr. Watson - Veritas Backup Exec ; Just reinstalled 7.3 Remote and now I am getting Dr. Watson's whenever I try to change the scheduling on a job. I searched here and the knowledge base but didn't find an answer. But I noticed some other people have ...

  1. 7.3 re-install = Dr. Watson

    Just reinstalled 7.3 Remote and now I am getting Dr. Watson's whenever I try
    to change the scheduling on a job. I searched here and the knowledge base
    but didn't find an answer.
    But I noticed some other people have asked the same question over the last
    few months.
    Anyone have an idea?

  2. Re: 7.3 re-install = Dr. Watson

    Since no one else seems to care about this (and there are several posts relating
    to it) I'll post the solutions we found. This is in the order of which helped
    most.
    1) Make the person who is using the Remote Admin tool a local admin on the
    _backup server_ (not just the box they are running RA from) OR a domain admin
    2) Remove all Veritas and bkupexec references from the registry and the local
    drive. Stop all related services. Reboot, stop all services, and check
    the drive and registry again. Reboot and reinstall.
    3)If number 1 solves your problem, then you can edit HKEYLocalMachine/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/SecurePipeServers/Winreg
    on the back up server, and set security/permissions on the winreg key to
    gove read access to the group that contains the non domain admin user (i.e.,
    PC Techs)

    Hope this helps!!!!!
    Jon

+ Reply to Thread