I just found the solution while trying to restore an exchange 5.5 Enterprise
server. Some of the Backup Exec services failed to start and upon trying
to start them manually this was the error message that was returned. The
error message "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"
is displayed when attempting to start any of the Backup Exec for Windows
NT services. I found that since this was an exchange server restore the
restore server could not be on the network during the restore. Sinc the
servr had been off the network for three days it had lost it's DHCP IP address.
I found that after going in and assigning a static IP address and bounced
the server, all Backup Exec services started automatically. One way to tell
for sure is to try opening Server Manager or User manager for Domains. If
you have lost your IP address An error reporting that the specified domain
cannot be found. Hopefully this will help someone out there.
BG