Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup several directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting ...

  1. Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent

    I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup several
    directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried
    to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting at the remote server),
    but it wont let me install it without a licence number for a full copy of
    BENT. I was told that I don't need the full version on the remote machines.

    There seems to be very little documentation on this feature, so any help
    in resolving this is greatly appreciate.

    Cheers

    Stephen G

  2. Re: Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent

    Stephen,
    Add the agent license number on the backup server, once you have that added,
    push out the agent accel to the desired server.
    Piece of cake!

    "Stephen G" wrote:

    >I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup

    several
    >directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried
    >to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting at the remote

    server),
    >but it wont let me install it without a licence number for a full copy of
    >BENT. I was told that I don't need the full version on the remote machines.
    >
    >There seems to be very little documentation on this feature, so any help
    >in resolving this is greatly appreciate.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Stephen G

  3. Re: Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent

    I knew it sounded wrong as soon as I'd typed it. I've now managed to succesfull
    install the agent 'from' the server which will be doing the backup.

    "Stephen G" wrote:

    >I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup

    several
    >directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried
    >to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting at the remote

    server),
    >but it wont let me install it without a licence number for a full copy of
    >BENT. I was told that I don't need the full version on the remote machines.
    >
    >There seems to be very little documentation on this feature, so any help
    >in resolving this is greatly appreciate.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Stephen G

  4. Re: Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent

    1) From the existing Backup Server, run setup and choose "Install options on other
    machines", then select Remote Agent and follow the prompts

    or

    2) Take the CD to the remote machine, and from \install\eng\i386\ntaa run
    setupaa.cmd

    Stephen G wrote:

    > I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup several
    > directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried
    > to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting at the remote server),
    > but it wont let me install it without a licence number for a full copy of
    > BENT. I was told that I don't need the full version on the remote machines.
    >
    > There seems to be very little documentation on this feature, so any help
    > in resolving this is greatly appreciate.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Stephen G

  5. Re: Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent

    Why don't you push agents out to your servers? You can run the server from
    the BE server and choose the option to install remote agents. Also, you can
    NTAA folder under the i386 folder to install the agent from the remote
    computers...

    Brian
    "Stephen G" wrote in message

    > I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup

    several
    > directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried
    > to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting at the remote

    server),
    > but it wont let me install it without a licence number for a full copy of
    > BENT. I was told that I don't need the full version on the remote

    machines.

    > There seems to be very little documentation on this feature, so any help
    > in resolving this is greatly appreciate.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Stephen G

  6. Re: Trying to install BENT 8.5 Remote Agent

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >1) From the existing Backup Server, run setup and choose "Install options

    on other
    >machines", then select Remote Agent and follow the prompts
    >
    >or
    >
    >2) Take the CD to the remote machine, and from \install\eng\i386\ntaa run
    >setupaa.cmd
    >
    >Stephen G wrote:
    >
    >> I have BENT 8.5 on an NT4 server which works well. I now want to backup

    several
    >> directories on another server so I bought the Remote Agent. I have tried
    >> to install the remote agent on the remote server (sitting at the remote

    server),
    >> but it wont let me install it without a licence number for a full copy

    of
    >> BENT. I was told that I don't need the full version on the remote machines.
    >>
    >> There seems to be very little documentation on this feature, so any help
    >> in resolving this is greatly appreciate.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Stephen G

    I want to thank Ken Putnam for his note on installing Remote Agent....I was
    in trouble Friday before Mem Day and his tip saved my b**t

    thanks again...

+ Reply to Thread