I/O device error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on I/O device error - Veritas Backup Exec ; For the last two backups I have been getting the following error message when trying to verify the backup. Verify of "E: TPASTUFF" Backup set #3 on storage media #1 Backup set description: "FRIJOB" Verify started on 4/28/01 at 5:20:07 ...

  1. I/O device error

    For the last two backups I have been getting the following error message when
    trying to verify the backup.

    Verify of "E: TPASTUFF"
    Backup set #3 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "FRIJOB"
    Verify started on 4/28/01 at 5:20:07 AM.

    Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to read data from media.

    Error reported:
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Verify completed on 4/28/01 at 5:26:41 AM.
    Verified 6012 files in 249 directories.
    0 files were different.
    Processed 137,621,580 bytes in 6 minutes and 34 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 20.0 MB/min

    I'm not really sure what could be causing this and would appriciate and help
    you could give.
    I'm running Backup Exec 8.0 for NT Server and before these errors started
    showing up I rebooted the server and installed Norton Anti-Virus and IE 5.5.

  2. Re: I/O device error

    I actually lost a bet on this one about 8 months ago. I said it was a
    hardware problem and my co-worker said it was a bad tape. He was right.

    Toss the tape ...

    "Sheri" wrote in message news:3aeec55c$1@hronntp01....

    > For the last two backups I have been getting the following error message

    when
    > trying to verify the backup.
    >
    > Verify of "E: TPASTUFF"
    > Backup set #3 on storage media #1
    > Backup set description: "FRIJOB"
    > Verify started on 4/28/01 at 5:20:07 AM.
    >
    > Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to read data from

    media.

    > Error reported:
    > The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Verify completed on 4/28/01 at 5:26:41 AM.
    > Verified 6012 files in 249 directories.
    > 0 files were different.
    > Processed 137,621,580 bytes in 6 minutes and 34 seconds.
    > Throughput rate: 20.0 MB/min
    >
    > I'm not really sure what could be causing this and would appriciate and

    help
    > you could give.
    > I'm running Backup Exec 8.0 for NT Server and before these errors started
    > showing up I rebooted the server and installed Norton Anti-Virus and IE

    5.5.

  3. Re: I/O device error

    I have the same problem. It works one day, then it doesn't the next day,
    without any change to the job.

  4. Re: I/O device error

    I got this, but I had a termination problem!!

    "Sheri" wrote in message news:3aeec55c$1@hronntp01....

    > For the last two backups I have been getting the following error message

    when
    > trying to verify the backup.
    >
    > Verify of "E: TPASTUFF"
    > Backup set #3 on storage media #1
    > Backup set description: "FRIJOB"
    > Verify started on 4/28/01 at 5:20:07 AM.
    >
    > Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to read data from

    media.

    > Error reported:
    > The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Verify completed on 4/28/01 at 5:26:41 AM.
    > Verified 6012 files in 249 directories.
    > 0 files were different.
    > Processed 137,621,580 bytes in 6 minutes and 34 seconds.
    > Throughput rate: 20.0 MB/min
    >
    > I'm not really sure what could be causing this and would appriciate and

    help
    > you could give.
    > I'm running Backup Exec 8.0 for NT Server and before these errors started
    > showing up I rebooted the server and installed Norton Anti-Virus and IE

    5.5.

+ Reply to Thread