Drive not responding while backing up Exchange Server store - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Drive not responding while backing up Exchange Server store - Veritas Backup Exec ; Having a problem backing up an Information Store. I keep getting “Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted.” The backup continues on and finishes the backup and then gives it “Failed” status. Under the Info Store section of the log ...

  1. Drive not responding while backing up Exchange Server store

    Having a problem backing up an Information Store. I keep getting “Drive is
    not responding. Backup set aborted.” The backup continues on and finishes
    the backup and then gives it “Failed” status. Under the Info Store section
    of the log it reflects that it "backed up “0” Exchange servers store". Does
    anyone know why?? I am running a Win NT 4.0 with service pack 5. Backup
    Exec 7.3 rev 2575. Exchange 5.5 with service pack 3. Any advice or suggestion
    would greatly be appreciated. I have looked at Tech ID 191027 it does not
    pertain to this situation.

    Below is a portion of the log:

    Media Name: "Media created 04/11/01 09:00:37 PM"
    Backup of "\\EXCHANGE-5\Microsoft Exchange Directory "
    Backup set #6 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Exchange-5"
    Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
    Backup started on 4/25/01 at 9:02:21 PM.

    Backup completed on 4/25/01 at 9:02:32 PM.
    Backed up 1 Exchange Server store(s)
    Processed 20,988,180 bytes in 11 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 109.2 MB/min

    Media Name: "Media created 04/11/01 09:00:37 PM"
    Backup of "\\EXCHANGE-5\Microsoft Exchange Information Store "
    Backup set #7 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Exchange-5"
    Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
    Backup started on 4/25/01 at 9:02:33 PM.
    Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    Backup completed on 4/25/01 at 9:39:09 PM.
    Backed up 0 Exchange Server store(s) <---This is the problem!!!
    Processed 5,532,155,994 bytes in 36 minutes and 36 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 144.1 MB/min

  2. Re: Drive not responding while backing up Exchange Server store

    Norm

    Have you solved this problem, and if so how? I have an almost identical problem
    to the one you mention and have so far failed to fix it. Please respond in
    this Newsgroup as I have faked my Email address.

    MH

+ Reply to Thread