Directory Permissions Error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Directory Permissions Error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I get the following log when trying to backup mailboxes, BackupExec 8.5 running on E2000 machine, this used to work and it backed up not only the E2000 mailboxes but my E5.5 server mailboxes as well. The BEX services run ...

  1. Directory Permissions Error

    I get the following log when trying to backup mailboxes, BackupExec 8.5
    running on E2000 machine, this used to work and it backed up not only the
    E2000 mailboxes but my E5.5 server mailboxes as well. The BEX services run
    under the exchange admin account.

    Thanks

    Mike

    Backup of "\\FLEEGLE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes "
    Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Daily Backup"
    Backup Type: NORMAL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
    Backup started on 4/23/2001 at 4:37:13 PM.
    Access denied to directory ?.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

  2. Re: Directory Permissions Error

    Further information, when I go to try and re-select the mailboxes in the job
    definition is says I need to provide a unique mailbox name and I do.... but
    it won't allow it

    Mike

    "Mike Putley" wrote in message
    > I get the following log when trying to backup mailboxes, BackupExec 8.5
    > running on E2000 machine, this used to work and it backed up not only the
    > E2000 mailboxes but my E5.5 server mailboxes as well. The BEX services run
    > under the exchange admin account.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > Backup of "\\FLEEGLE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes "
    > Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    > Backup set description: "Daily Backup"
    > Backup Type: NORMAL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
    > Backup started on 4/23/2001 at 4:37:13 PM.
    > Access denied to directory ?.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

+ Reply to Thread