Unable to Attach - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to Attach - Veritas Backup Exec ; My jobs keep failing on one of my NT servers. The server has 2 drives. It has no problem backing up the C drive, but fails when it tries to attach to the D drive. Both drives are NTFS with ...

  1. Unable to Attach

    My jobs keep failing on one of my NT servers. The server has 2 drives. It
    has no problem backing up the C drive, but fails when it tries to attach
    to the D drive. Both drives are NTFS with same permission. Thanks Steve

  2. Re: Unable to Attach

    Sounds silly, but you probably have a corrupt cache file.

    Stop BENT
    Delete/Rename the BEWINUI.UNI file in the ..\BackupExec\NT directory
    restart BENT

    You'll need to re-enter user-id/password info for all
    machines/shares/databases etc.

    Steve Peloquin wrote:

    > My jobs keep failing on one of my NT servers. The server has 2 drives. It
    > has no problem backing up the C drive, but fails when it tries to attach
    > to the D drive. Both drives are NTFS with same permission. Thanks Steve

+ Reply to Thread