Whitepapers On Restoring Exchange5.5? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Whitepapers On Restoring Exchange5.5? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I'm using Bent85 to backup Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WindowsNT 4.0 Server SP6a. I have Exchange client in place and backups seem to work great - I tried restoring mailboxes and individual messages without any problems. I'd like to ...

  1. Whitepapers On Restoring Exchange5.5?

    Hello,
    I'm using Bent85 to backup Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WindowsNT 4.0 Server SP6a.
    I have Exchange client in place and backups seem to work great - I tried
    restoring mailboxes and individual messages without any problems. I'd like
    to test restoring the whole IS to see how restore process works and what
    needs to be done to ensure succesfull "up-and-running" scenario.
    Does Veritas have whitepapers on the topic? Any additional relevant info
    is appreciated!
    Dimitri

  2. Re: Whitepapers On Restoring Exchange5.5?

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192377.htm

    If you plan on trying this on your Production Exchange server, may I suggest
    shutting down Exchange and getting a special flat file backup of the WindowsNT
    directory and the Exchsvr directories on any drives where they exist?. Just
    in case

    Dimitri Limanovski wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I'm using Bent85 to backup Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WindowsNT 4.0 Server SP6a.
    > I have Exchange client in place and backups seem to work great - I tried
    > restoring mailboxes and individual messages without any problems. I'd like
    > to test restoring the whole IS to see how restore process works and what
    > needs to be done to ensure succesfull "up-and-running" scenario.
    > Does Veritas have whitepapers on the topic? Any additional relevant info
    > is appreciated!
    > Dimitri

  3. Re: Whitepapers On Restoring Exchange5.5?

    also see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233292.htm

    Dimitri Limanovski wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I'm using Bent85 to backup Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WindowsNT 4.0 Server SP6a.
    > I have Exchange client in place and backups seem to work great - I tried
    > restoring mailboxes and individual messages without any problems. I'd like
    > to test restoring the whole IS to see how restore process works and what
    > needs to be done to ensure succesfull "up-and-running" scenario.
    > Does Veritas have whitepapers on the topic? Any additional relevant info
    > is appreciated!
    > Dimitri

+ Reply to Thread