Error message when trying to backup a SQL DB - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error message when trying to backup a SQL DB - Veritas Backup Exec ; On Backup Exec 8.5 I keep getting this message: An error occurred on a query to filegroup model..PRIMARY. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Could not find filegroup 'PRIMARY' in sysfilegroups for database 'model'. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Unable to ...

  1. Error message when trying to backup a SQL DB

    On Backup Exec 8.5 I keep getting this message:

    An error occurred on a query to filegroup model..PRIMARY.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Could not find filegroup 'PRIMARY' in sysfilegroups for database 'model'.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to open the item model?PRIMARY - skipped.

    I have put on the consistency check (as suggested for v7.3) but still no
    joy - please help!

  2. Re: Error message when trying to backup a SQL DB

    In MS SQL Server Selections, check the database (the one without text
    containing 'filegroup'). According to MS SQL Server rules, you cannot
    backup individual filegroups for databases that have 'truncate log on
    checkpoint' turned on.

    Alex

    "Dave" wrote in message

    > On Backup Exec 8.5 I keep getting this message:
    >
    > An error occurred on a query to filegroup model..PRIMARY.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Could not find filegroup 'PRIMARY' in sysfilegroups for database 'model'.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Unable to open the item model?PRIMARY - skipped.
    >
    > I have put on the consistency check (as suggested for v7.3) but still no
    > joy - please help!

+ Reply to Thread