Virtual SQL 7's as failover cluster - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Virtual SQL 7's as failover cluster - Veritas Backup Exec ; We had been backing up shares on a virtual SQL 7 server in a Cluster configuration using BENT 8.5 with Windows 2000 servers. Suddenly we are unable to access (backup) shares (2 shares of 4). The log reports "Unable to ...

  1. Virtual SQL 7's as failover cluster

    We had been backing up shares on a virtual SQL 7 server in a Cluster configuration
    using BENT 8.5 with Windows 2000 servers.
    Suddenly we are unable to access (backup) shares (2 shares of 4). The log
    reports "Unable to attach to - Access is Denied" but share the other 2 shares
    backup OK.
    The following day the above Access is denied was received for the 2 shares
    mentioned previously AND a third share. So now we are only backing up the
    4th remaining share.

    We have followed the Veritas 'Troubleshooting basic "access denied" messages
    with Backup Exec for Windows NT and 2000' (Doc:233862) but still receive
    the same messages for all 3 shares.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    David Clark

  2. Re: Virtual SQL 7's as failover cluster

    You may have a corrput password cache file

    stop BENT
    delete BEWINUI.UNI from the ..\BackupExec\NT directory
    restart BENT

    You'll need to re-enter all cached user-id/password info.

    David Clark wrote:

    > We had been backing up shares on a virtual SQL 7 server in a Cluster configuration
    > using BENT 8.5 with Windows 2000 servers.
    > Suddenly we are unable to access (backup) shares (2 shares of 4). The log
    > reports "Unable to attach to - Access is Denied" but share the other 2 shares
    > backup OK.
    > The following day the above Access is denied was received for the 2 shares
    > mentioned previously AND a third share. So now we are only backing up the
    > 4th remaining share.
    >
    > We have followed the Veritas 'Troubleshooting basic "access denied" messages
    > with Backup Exec for Windows NT and 2000' (Doc:233862) but still receive
    > the same messages for all 3 shares.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > David Clark

+ Reply to Thread