Remote Agent Licensing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent Licensing - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have two NT4 servers with BENT 8.5 and tape drives. I have a third server that I'd like to backup remotely to one of the two machines with a tape drive. I can't work out from the Website or ...

  1. Remote Agent Licensing

    I have two NT4 servers with BENT 8.5 and tape drives. I have a third server
    that I'd like to backup remotely to one of the two machines with a tape drive.

    I can't work out from the Website or the postings whether the remote machine
    needs a full copy of BENT and the remote agent, or whether it only needs
    the remote agent.

    If anyone could clarify I'd really appreciate it.

    Cheers

    Stephen G

  2. Re: Remote Agent Licensing

    Machines with tape drives need a full copy of BENT. Each remote server
    needs a remote agent license. Remote workstations are free.
    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

    "Stephen G" wrote in message

    > I have two NT4 servers with BENT 8.5 and tape drives. I have a third

    server
    > that I'd like to backup remotely to one of the two machines with a tape

    drive.

    > I can't work out from the Website or the postings whether the remote

    machine
    > needs a full copy of BENT and the remote agent, or whether it only needs
    > the remote agent.
    >
    > If anyone could clarify I'd really appreciate it.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Stephen G

+ Reply to Thread