Restored Excel Files Corrupted- help! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restored Excel Files Corrupted- help! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Problem: All Excel files restored from various DLT tapes to a Netware 5 server are corrupt or damaged in someway. Excel error message states that these are not excel files or the files are corrupt. Additional Info: BENT 8.5v AdvServer ...

  1. Restored Excel Files Corrupted- help!

    Problem:

    All Excel files restored from various DLT tapes to a Netware 5 server are
    corrupt or damaged in someway.

    Excel error message states that these are not excel files or the files are
    corrupt.

    Additional Info: BENT 8.5v AdvServer edition running on Win2K Advance
    Server, Agent for Netware Installed

    Help!

    Steve

  2. Re: Restored Excel Files Corrupted- help!

    Were these files open when backed up?
    If so, were they backed up with OFO, or one of the open file selections in
    the base code?

    Either way, I'm afraid that the backed up files are toast. All you can hope
    for at this point is to prevent this from happening again.

    VCA wrote:

    > Problem:
    >
    > All Excel files restored from various DLT tapes to a Netware 5 server are
    > corrupt or damaged in someway.
    >
    > Excel error message states that these are not excel files or the files are
    > corrupt.
    >
    > Additional Info: BENT 8.5v AdvServer edition running on Win2K Advance
    > Server, Agent for Netware Installed
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Steve

  3. Re: Restored Excel Files Corrupted- help!

    None of the files would of been in use as the backup run takes place outside
    of office hours.

    For arguments if one/some of the files were open at the time of backup
    would surely only that tape's instance would be damaged? And not every
    single instance of a file on three or four different tapes run over a period
    of three months?

    Steve

    "VCA" wrote in message news:3adc5728$1@hronntp01....
    > Problem:
    >
    > All Excel files restored from various DLT tapes to a Netware 5 server are
    > corrupt or damaged in someway.
    >
    > Excel error message states that these are not excel files or the files are
    > corrupt.
    >
    > Additional Info: BENT 8.5v AdvServer edition running on Win2K Advance
    > Server, Agent for Netware Installed
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Steve

+ Reply to Thread