SQL Agent cant connect - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL Agent cant connect - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have bent8.0 0n a windows2k server with SQL agent installed .When i try to connect to a remote SQL server running agent accelerator it asks me for user credentials after sending the username & password it comes back with ...

  1. SQL Agent cant connect

    I have bent8.0 0n a windows2k server with SQL agent installed .When i try
    to connect to a remote SQL server running agent accelerator it asks me for
    user credentials after sending the username & password it comes back with
    the message "Backup exec could not attach to this device you may already
    be logged on with a different username and password.

    Does any body have any idea's please

  2. Re: SQL Agent cant connect

    Make sure that you do not have any shares mapped on the remote server, also,
    make suer that SQL Enterprise Manager is not running.

    jeremyh wrote:

    > I have bent8.0 0n a windows2k server with SQL agent installed .When i try
    > to connect to a remote SQL server running agent accelerator it asks me for
    > user credentials after sending the username & password it comes back with
    > the message "Backup exec could not attach to this device you may already
    > be logged on with a different username and password.
    >
    > Does any body have any idea's please

+ Reply to Thread