Problem to restore Datas - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem to restore Datas - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hy ng I got a big problem with restore Datas from a Tape. I set up my server new and like to restore datas that i lost. When I put in the tape and try to restore it i can't ...

  1. Problem to restore Datas

    Hy ng

    I got a big problem with restore Datas from a Tape. I set up my server new
    and like to restore datas that i lost. When I put in the tape and try to
    restore it i can't see any datas on the tape. The catalogisation where
    complete succesfully. In the event wiever appear a message that indicate
    that the Backup Exec Catalog Server was failed. The message is:

    Actualisation of catalogindex (C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup
    Exec\Catalogs\BeTopCat.inx) failed.
    Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace
    C:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catmedia.cpp(1773) .

    Does anybody now what the problem is? I'm very gratefully for any help.
    Thanks

    Marco

  2. Re: Problem to restore Datas

    Go to www.microsoft.com and download the latest MDAC.
    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

    "Marco Carfora" wrote in message
    > Hy ng
    >
    > I got a big problem with restore Datas from a Tape. I set up my server new
    > and like to restore datas that i lost. When I put in the tape and try to
    > restore it i can't see any datas on the tape. The catalogisation where
    > complete succesfully. In the event wiever appear a message that indicate
    > that the Backup Exec Catalog Server was failed. The message is:
    >
    > Actualisation of catalogindex (C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup
    > Exec\Catalogs\BeTopCat.inx) failed.
    > Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace
    > C:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catmedia.cpp(1773) .
    >
    > Does anybody now what the problem is? I'm very gratefully for any help.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Marco

+ Reply to Thread