IDR - loading RAID drivers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR - loading RAID drivers - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am attempting to recover a system using IDR to a different computer. I understand from technotes 190616 and 191461 that this is possible if some modifications are made to the process, notably the necessity of loading the RAID adapter ...

  1. IDR - loading RAID drivers

    I am attempting to recover a system using IDR to a different computer. I
    understand from technotes 190616 and 191461 that this is possible if some
    modifications are made to the process, notably the necessity of loading the
    RAID adapter drivers manually. One note says to do 'custom setup' and load
    the raid driver. The other says to use the f6 key during NT blue setup screen.
    Both actually allow the driver to be loaded successfully, but at the point
    where setup looks for a cd-rom drive it gives the error: 'Setup was unable
    to locate a CD-ROM drive' and I must exit.

    I appear to be following the technotes, but with no luck. Anyone tried recovering
    to different hardware and gotten past this point?

    Sincerely,
    William H. Bird
    University of Texas at Austin

  2. Re: IDR - loading RAID drivers

    Sorry I was dumb...manually specified the IDE CDROM drivers and got past that.

    -dumb

    "William H. Bird" wrote:

    >I am attempting to recover a system using IDR to a different computer.

    >understand from technotes 190616 and 191461 that this is possible if some
    >modifications are made to the process, notably the necessity of loading

    the
    >RAID adapter drivers manually. One note says to do 'custom setup' and load
    >the raid driver. The other says to use the f6 key during NT blue setup

    screen.
    > Both actually allow the driver to be loaded successfully, but at the point
    >where setup looks for a cd-rom drive it gives the error: 'Setup was unable
    >to locate a CD-ROM drive' and I must exit.
    >
    >I appear to be following the technotes, but with no luck. Anyone tried

    recovering
    >to different hardware and gotten past this point?
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >William H. Bird
    >University of Texas at Austin

+ Reply to Thread