Command Line for 2000? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Command Line for 2000? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there a command line utility for Win 2K server? I have seen documentation on BEMCMD.EXE but that appears to only be for Win NT 4.0. I found an old document that lists two different ways with BE to run ...

  1. Command Line for 2000?

    Is there a command line utility for Win 2K server? I have seen documentation
    on BEMCMD.EXE but that appears to only be for Win NT 4.0. I found an old
    document that lists two different ways with BE to run a command line job
    but I only found docs on the one way, BEMCMD.EXE. Does anyone use the other
    and have documentation on it that I can have? BTW this article was tagged
    for Win NT 4.0.

    Excerpt of article found:

    There are two ways with Backup Exec to run a command line job:

    1. BEMCMD.EXE feature
    2. Command Line feature

    BEMCMD.EXE
    The file BEMCMD.EXE is only available with Backup Exec for Windows NT version
    7.3 or higher. It is not installed to the Backup Exec folder during the
    installation. It must be copied from the CD to \Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\Nt folder or where ever Backup Exec was installed to. It is located
    in \Winnt\Utils. From this location there is one for Intel and one for Alpha.
    Copy the appropriate one for the server that has Backup Exec installed on
    it.

    The following is an example text line of what to place in a batch file when
    using the BEMCMD.EXE program:

    "c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\bemcmd.exe" -o1 -j"Command Line
    Backup"

    Command Line Feature

    The following is an example text line of what to place in a batch file when
    using the Command Line feature:

    "c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\bkupexec.exe" /j:"Command Line Backup"

    NOTE: If the quotation marks around the path are not included the batch file
    will not run because of the long path names.

    Hopefully someone will have an answer for me.

    Theresa

  2. Re: Command Line for 2000?

    For V8.x BEMCMD, did you look in the \Utils\I386 directory?

    As for the "...\bkupexe /j:" what seems to be the problem with it. Have you
    tried it?

    Theresa wrote:

    > Is there a command line utility for Win 2K server? I have seen documentation
    > on BEMCMD.EXE but that appears to only be for Win NT 4.0. I found an old
    > document that lists two different ways with BE to run a command line job
    > but I only found docs on the one way, BEMCMD.EXE. Does anyone use the other
    > and have documentation on it that I can have? BTW this article was tagged
    > for Win NT 4.0.
    >
    > Excerpt of article found:
    >
    > There are two ways with Backup Exec to run a command line job:
    >
    > 1. BEMCMD.EXE feature
    > 2. Command Line feature
    >
    > BEMCMD.EXE
    > The file BEMCMD.EXE is only available with Backup Exec for Windows NT version
    > 7.3 or higher. It is not installed to the Backup Exec folder during the
    > installation. It must be copied from the CD to \Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > Exec\Nt folder or where ever Backup Exec was installed to. It is located
    > in \Winnt\Utils. From this location there is one for Intel and one for Alpha.
    > Copy the appropriate one for the server that has Backup Exec installed on
    > it.
    >
    > The following is an example text line of what to place in a batch file when
    > using the BEMCMD.EXE program:
    >
    > "c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\bemcmd.exe" -o1 -j"Command Line
    > Backup"
    >
    > Command Line Feature
    >
    > The following is an example text line of what to place in a batch file when
    > using the Command Line feature:
    >
    > "c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\bkupexec.exe" /j:"Command Line Backup"
    >
    > NOTE: If the quotation marks around the path are not included the batch file
    > will not run because of the long path names.
    >
    > Hopefully someone will have an answer for me.
    >
    > Theresa

+ Reply to Thread