THANK YOU--see message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on THANK YOU--see message - Veritas Backup Exec ; Thanks guys. I tried the BECMD command; it works for the most part except quits the documentation where my Exchange mailbox/message exclusions take place. Otherwise I think this would work great. I'll try the log file tomorrow and see how ...

  1. THANK YOU--see message

    Thanks guys. I tried the BECMD command; it works for the most part except
    quits the documentation where my Exchange mailbox/message exclusions take
    place. Otherwise I think this would work great.

    I'll try the log file tomorrow and see how it turns out.

    Thanks again,

    -nate

    "Charles Villa" wrote:
    >With 8.5, there is an option for the BECMD command line utility to generate
    >a scipt file that contains all the settings for a backup job. I don't
    >recall the -o number, but run the program with /? or consult the
    >documentation
    >--
    >Charles Villa
    >
    >http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    >Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.
    >
    >"Natester" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm trying to find an easy way to document my backup selection; it's quite
    >> big. Doing screen shots is long and tedious. I've tried opening all

    >kinds
    >> of program files with Notepad in hopes of finding some sort of text

    >file...
    >> but that didn't work.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of an easier way to document backup selections? Mabye

    >create
    >> a report--but I can't figure out how...
    >>
    >> If you know, please respond, it could save me a lot of time!!
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> -nate

  2. Re: THANK YOU--see message

    Be careful. Turning in detailed logging can create a HUGE log file. be sure
    that the disk that holds your log files ahs LOTS of free space.

    Natester wrote:

    > Thanks guys. I tried the BECMD command; it works for the most part except
    > quits the documentation where my Exchange mailbox/message exclusions take
    > place. Otherwise I think this would work great.
    >
    > I'll try the log file tomorrow and see how it turns out.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > -nate
    >
    > "Charles Villa" wrote:
    > >With 8.5, there is an option for the BECMD command line utility to generate
    > >a scipt file that contains all the settings for a backup job. I don't
    > >recall the -o number, but run the program with /? or consult the
    > >documentation
    > >--
    > >Charles Villa
    > >
    > >http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    > >Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.
    > >
    > >"Natester" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> I'm trying to find an easy way to document my backup selection; it's quite
    > >> big. Doing screen shots is long and tedious. I've tried opening all

    > >kinds
    > >> of program files with Notepad in hopes of finding some sort of text

    > >file...
    > >> but that didn't work.
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone know of an easier way to document backup selections? Mabye

    > >create
    > >> a report--but I can't figure out how...
    > >>
    > >> If you know, please respond, it could save me a lot of time!!
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> -nate

+ Reply to Thread