Agent Installation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Agent Installation - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am attempting to update a NT Server with the current accelerator agent. I have uninstalled the previous agent, deleted the backupexec folders+files, and restarted the server. When I attempted to update the server I rec'd the following error: Agent ...

  1. Agent Installation

    I am attempting to update a NT Server with the current accelerator agent.
    I have uninstalled the previous agent, deleted the backupexec folders+files,
    and restarted the server. When I attempted to update the server I rec'd
    the following error: Agent detected a previous version please delete and
    retry installation. Since I had already done that I found an article posted
    on Veritas web-site stating howto "manually" remove backupexec keys. I followed
    the article and restarted the server and am still running into the same problem.
    So, I searched even further into the registry (searched and deleted any
    key that had veritas, seagate, or backupexec in it). Still running into
    same problem. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Agent Installation

    Version and Build of BENT?

    Have you tried running the SETUPAA/CMD file locally on the pesky server?

    Rob Livermore wrote:

    > I am attempting to update a NT Server with the current accelerator agent.
    > I have uninstalled the previous agent, deleted the backupexec folders+files,
    > and restarted the server. When I attempted to update the server I rec'd
    > the following error: Agent detected a previous version please delete and
    > retry installation. Since I had already done that I found an article posted
    > on Veritas web-site stating howto "manually" remove backupexec keys. I followed
    > the article and restarted the server and am still running into the same problem.
    > So, I searched even further into the registry (searched and deleted any
    > key that had veritas, seagate, or backupexec in it). Still running into
    > same problem. Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread