This happens about once every 3 days (daily backup). A SQL server
will fail to respond to a backup request. The log file will report
that the server did not respond. A clip of the log file is as
follows:

Backup of "PRISERV1"
Backup set #14 on storage media #1
Backup set description: "Friday Set"
Backup Type: DATABASE - Back Up Entire Database
Backup started on 4/14/01 at 1:35:30 AM.
The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

If I go to the database server and look up event viewer, the following
2 erross show up, one right after the other:

18210 :
BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on
backup device 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMain_00'. Operating
system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because
either a thread exit or an application request.).

18210 :
BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device
'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMain_00'. Operating system error
995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a
thread exit or an application request.).

I've got the latest NT and SQL service packs installed (6a and 3
respectively). Veritas is looking into the problem currently, so I
thought I'd see if anyone here could help me out. I would appreciate
any feedback. Thanks.

Ed