Starting Andstopping Services - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Starting Andstopping Services - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would like to start and stop services on a server running in a group backup any info about running a batch file across the network...

  1. Starting Andstopping Services

    I would like to start and stop services on a server running in a group backup
    any info about running a batch file across the network

  2. Re: Starting Andstopping Services

    To do it manually, you can run srvmgr.exe. If your workstation is running
    W2K, you can also create a new MMC file and add in the 'Computer Management'
    snap-in. You can use it even if the target server is NT4.0. The services
    entry works, you'll see which items don't work.

    If you have the server recourse kit, you can use netsvc.exe.
    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

    "Rob Connolly" wrote in message

    > I would like to start and stop services on a server running in a group

    backup
    > any info about running a batch file across the network

+ Reply to Thread