RE: HELP!!! MULTIPLE ERRORS OCCUR DURING BACKUP!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on RE: HELP!!! MULTIPLE ERRORS OCCUR DURING BACKUP!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are currently using Backup Exec 8.0 build 3315 on a NT Server 4.0 sp4. Seems that at times I get a successful backup but lately I have encountered multiple errors (3 different but consistant ones) on multiple backup jobs. ...

  1. RE: HELP!!! MULTIPLE ERRORS OCCUR DURING BACKUP!!

    We are currently using Backup Exec 8.0 build 3315 on a NT Server 4.0 sp4.
    Seems that at times I get a successful backup but lately I have encountered
    multiple errors (3 different but consistant ones) on multiple backup jobs.
    Examples below:

    1.
    Warning
    Device: DELL 1 (ACME_MAIL)
    A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not
    have been successfully completed.

    Job ended: Friday, April 13, 2001 at 6:20:12 AM
    Job completion status: Failed

    2.
    ----- TapeAlert Events -----

    Warning
    Device: DELL 1 (ACME_MAIL)
    A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not
    have been successfully completed.

    Job ended: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 at 9:20:48 AM
    Job completion status: Failed

    3.
    Storage device "DELL 1" reported an error on a request to read data from
    media.

    Error reported:
    No more data is on the tape.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Job ended: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 at 10:49:42 PM
    Job completion status: Failed

    I am wondering if anyone could help me out with this one. I have changed
    tapes and still getting these errors. Is there a fix out there for the
    problem that I am encountering? Please help.....I can't afford to have these
    backups run in this manner.

    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    E.G

  2. Re: HELP!!! MULTIPLE ERRORS OCCUR DURING BACKUP!!

    "No More Data on the tape" is a symptom of the problem fixed by MEDIAFIX-234341

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234341.htm
    and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm

    Eddie G wrote:

    > We are currently using Backup Exec 8.0 build 3315 on a NT Server 4.0 sp4.
    > Seems that at times I get a successful backup but lately I have encountered
    > multiple errors (3 different but consistant ones) on multiple backup jobs.
    > Examples below:
    >
    > 1.
    > Warning
    > Device: DELL 1 (ACME_MAIL)
    > A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not
    > have been successfully completed.
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job ended: Friday, April 13, 2001 at 6:20:12 AM
    > Job completion status: Failed
    > ================================================== ====================
    >
    > 2.
    > ----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >
    > Warning
    > Device: DELL 1 (ACME_MAIL)
    > A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not
    > have been successfully completed.
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job ended: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 at 9:20:48 AM
    > Job completion status: Failed
    > ================================================== ====================
    >
    > 3.
    > Storage device "DELL 1" reported an error on a request to read data from
    > media.
    >
    > Error reported:
    > No more data is on the tape.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job ended: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 at 10:49:42 PM
    > Job completion status: Failed
    >
    > I am wondering if anyone could help me out with this one. I have changed
    > tapes and still getting these errors. Is there a fix out there for the
    > problem that I am encountering? Please help.....I can't afford to have these
    > backups run in this manner.
    >
    > Your help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > E.G

+ Reply to Thread