Pending... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Pending... - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a Seagate autoloader external backup device. It supports upto 6 DDS4 Tapes, When anyeror occurs, the backup jobe goes into a pending mode. How to I resolve this without having to reboot the server? Also Sometimes my Drive ...

  1. Pending...

    We have a Seagate autoloader external backup device. It supports upto 6 DDS4
    Tapes, When anyeror occurs, the backup jobe goes into a pending mode. How
    to I resolve this without having to reboot the server?

    Also Sometimes my Drive goes offline....How do I put it back online without
    rebooting?

    Please Help???

  2. Re: Pending...

    Not possible to (safely) bring the drive back online without rebooting NT.
    You MIGHT be able to stop all the services and using Control Panel
    "redetect" the tape device, then restart the services and get the drive
    back. If you're using Windows 2000 you can try to "detect changes" which
    scans the bus for new hardware.

    In either case you'll be better served if you look in your event logs and
    find out WHY the device is going wonky... It's very likely that you have an
    issue with the scsi bus or hardware configuration or a driver mismatch.

    Have you made changes without reapplying the last service pack?

    cheers

    Tabitha Armstrong wrote in message
    > We have a Seagate autoloader external backup device. It supports upto 6

    DDS4
    > Tapes, When anyeror occurs, the backup jobe goes into a pending mode.

    How
    > to I resolve this without having to reboot the server?
    >
    > Also Sometimes my Drive goes offline....How do I put it back online

    without
    > rebooting?
    >
    > Please Help???

+ Reply to Thread