What does this message mean? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on What does this message mean? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running BE v8.5 on a Win2k Server Lately I've been getting this message in the backup log when the job fails. "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients." ^^^^^^^^^^^ Does anyone have an idea what that means? Thanzx ...

  1. What does this message mean?

    I'm running BE v8.5 on a Win2k Server

    Lately I've been getting this message in the backup log when the job
    fails.

    "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Does anyone have an idea what that means?

    Thanzx in advance.

    Greg Young, CNA
    Network Administrator
    Metro Circuits Inc.
    Rochester NY
    mailto:NoSpamGYoung@metrocircuits.com

    Please remove "nospam to reply"

  2. Re: What does this message mean?

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm

    You need to apply the MEDIAFIX_234341 patch or upgrade to v8.5.3572

    Greg Young wrote:

    > I'm running BE v8.5 on a Win2k Server
    >
    > Lately I've been getting this message in the backup log when the job
    > fails.
    >
    > "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^
    > Does anyone have an idea what that means?
    >
    > Thanzx in advance.
    >
    > Greg Young, CNA
    > Network Administrator
    > Metro Circuits Inc.
    > Rochester NY
    > mailto:NoSpamGYoung@metrocircuits.com
    >
    > Please remove "nospam to reply"

  3. Re: What does this message mean?

    You know I was thinking along those lines. Since I have
    the same setup at home and my server never gives me
    that error.

    Thanks.

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:49:19 -0700, Ken Putnam
    wrote:

    >See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm
    >
    >You need to apply the MEDIAFIX_234341 patch or upgrade to v8.5.3572
    >
    >Greg Young wrote:
    >
    >> I'm running BE v8.5 on a Win2k Server
    >>
    >> Lately I've been getting this message in the backup log when the job
    >> fails.
    >>
    >> "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> Does anyone have an idea what that means?
    >>
    >> Thanzx in advance.
    >>
    >> Greg Young, CNA
    >> Network Administrator
    >> Metro Circuits Inc.