BENT 8.5 IDR recovery of Oracle Database - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 8.5 IDR recovery of Oracle Database - Veritas Backup Exec ; Page 155 of the Options manual (bent8.5) warns that IDR will not restore an Oracle database. Is the manual referring to IDR not being able to restore an oracle db that was open and running when the latest full backup ...

  1. BENT 8.5 IDR recovery of Oracle Database

    Page 155 of the Options manual (bent8.5) warns that IDR will not restore an
    Oracle database. Is the manual referring to IDR not being able to restore
    an oracle db that was open and running when the latest full backup set was
    made? This is understandable.

    However, I would think a full IDR backup set made when the oracle database
    was offline with all files closed would restore just fine. It would not be
    up-to-date of course, just a snapshot of the db at the time the oracle database
    was made.

    Has anyone experienced this?

    Thanks

  2. Re: BENT 8.5 IDR recovery of Oracle Database

    On 12 Apr 2001 14:11:36 -0400, "William H. Bird"
    wrote:

    >Page 155 of the Options manual (bent8.5) warns that IDR will not restore an
    >Oracle database. Is the manual referring to IDR not being able to restore
    >an oracle db that was open and running when the latest full backup set was
    >made? This is understandable.

    It is , you will manually have to restore the database thougt the
    Oracle Agent.

    >However, I would think a full IDR backup set made when the oracle database
    >was offline with all files closed would restore just fine. It would not be
    >up-to-date of course, just a snapshot of the db at the time the oracle database
    >was made.
    >
    >Has anyone experienced this?

    There are no issues , a offline Oracle database is just a bunch of
    files.

  3. Re: BENT 8.5 IDR recovery of Oracle Database

    I appreciate the info Flemming.

    thanks again

    Flemming Riis wrote:
    >On 12 Apr 2001 14:11:36 -0400, "William H. Bird"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Page 155 of the Options manual (bent8.5) warns that IDR will not restore

    an
    >>Oracle database. Is the manual referring to IDR not being able to restore
    >>an oracle db that was open and running when the latest full backup set

    was
    >>made? This is understandable.

    >It is , you will manually have to restore the database thougt the
    >Oracle Agent.
    >
    >>However, I would think a full IDR backup set made when the oracle database
    >>was offline with all files closed would restore just fine. It would not

    be
    >>up-to-date of course, just a snapshot of the db at the time the oracle

    database
    >>was made.
    >>
    >>Has anyone experienced this?

    >There are no issues , a offline Oracle database is just a bunch of
    >files.

+ Reply to Thread