No nore data is on the tape... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on No nore data is on the tape... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know what this means? We seem to get these somewhat frequently. ------------------------------------------- Performing Agent Accelerated backup Storage device "Compaq 0" reported an error on a request to read data from media. Error reported: No more data is on ...

  1. No nore data is on the tape...

    Does anyone know what this means? We seem to get these somewhat frequently.

    Performing Agent Accelerated backup

    Storage device "Compaq 0" reported an error on a request to read data from
    media.

    Error reported:
    No more data is on the tape.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    An unknown error occurred on device "Compaq 0".^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Backup completed on 4/9/01 at 10:15:31 PM.
    Backed up 0 files in 0 directories.
    Processed 0 bytes in 5 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

    Thanks,
    Bob

  2. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm
    and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234341.htm

    Sounds like you need to apply the media fix patch or upgrade to 3572

    Bob Savage wrote:

    > Does anyone know what this means? We seem to get these somewhat frequently.

    > Performing Agent Accelerated backup
    >
    > Storage device "Compaq 0" reported an error on a request to read data from
    > media.
    >
    > Error reported:
    > No more data is on the tape.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > An unknown error occurred on device "Compaq 0".^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Backup completed on 4/9/01 at 10:15:31 PM.
    > Backed up 0 files in 0 directories.
    > Processed 0 bytes in 5 seconds.
    > Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

  3. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm
    > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234341.htm
    >
    > Sounds like you need to apply the media fix patch or upgrade to 3572

    Thanks for the info Ken. I guess it would have been useful to mention we're
    using version 7.2 on this server.

    Bob

  4. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    "Bob Savage" wrote in message
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm
    > > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234341.htm
    > >
    > > Sounds like you need to apply the media fix patch or upgrade to 3572

    > Thanks for the info Ken. I guess it would have been useful to mention

    we're
    > using version 7.2 on this server.

    Whoops, I meant 7.3

    Bob

  5. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    if you upgrade to v7.3.2575, there is a media_fix patch for that build

    One of the best reasons I can think of to get to build 2575

    build 2585 consists of:

    BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    POST2575 see the readme to see if any apply to your site
    SPANFIX
    MEDIAFIX_234341

    Bob Savage wrote:

    > "Bob Savage" wrote in message
    > > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233735.htm
    > > > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234341.htm
    > > >
    > > > Sounds like you need to apply the media fix patch or upgrade to 3572

    > > Thanks for the info Ken. I guess it would have been useful to mention

    > we're
    > > using version 7.2 on this server.

    > Whoops, I meant 7.3
    >
    > Bob

  6. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > if you upgrade to v7.3.2575, there is a media_fix patch for that build
    >
    > One of the best reasons I can think of to get to build 2575
    >
    > build 2585 consists of:
    >
    > BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    > POST2575 see the readme to see if any apply to your site
    > SPANFIX
    > MEDIAFIX_234341

    Hi Ken,

    I don't see a build 2585, so I'm assuming you accidentally hit the "8"
    instead of "7."

    If that is the case, then would I be correct in assuming that if I upgrade
    to build 2575 I will not need to apply the Mediafix patch?

    Thanks again,
    Bob

  7. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    Right build 2575 (I never have claimed to be a good typist )

    Nope, the only build that includes the mediafix patch (that I know of) is
    v8.5.3572.

    That's why I listed all four files that you need to download to get to the
    "safe" level of build 2575

    Bob Savage wrote:

    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > if you upgrade to v7.3.2575, there is a media_fix patch for that build
    > >
    > > One of the best reasons I can think of to get to build 2575
    > >
    > > build 2585 consists of:
    > >
    > > BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    > > POST2575 see the readme to see if any apply to your site
    > > SPANFIX
    > > MEDIAFIX_234341

    > Hi Ken,
    >
    > I don't see a build 2585, so I'm assuming you accidentally hit the "8"
    > instead of "7."
    >
    > If that is the case, then would I be correct in assuming that if I upgrade
    > to build 2575 I will not need to apply the Mediafix patch?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Bob

  8. Re: No nore data is on the tape...

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > That's why I listed all four files that you need to download to get to the
    > "safe" level of build 2575

    Ah, that explains it. I misunderstood you, thinking that build 2575
    included those patches.

    Thanks for the info Ken. It looks like these are what we need.

    --
    Bob

    http://www.mp3.com/bobsavage

+ Reply to Thread