Need Help with Backup Problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Need Help with Backup Problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello: I'm re-posting this hoping to get some feedback. I am in need of some help with backing up SQL. BENT 8.0 (3315) on WIN2K backing up SQ7. I have 2 database that constantly failing, especially the fulls over the ...

  1. Need Help with Backup Problem

    Hello:

    I'm re-posting this hoping to get some feedback.

    I am in need of some help with backing up SQL. BENT 8.0 (3315)
    on WIN2K backing up SQ7. I have 2 database that constantly failing, especially
    the fulls over the weekend.

    Sometime error is database corrupt (DBA checks and says it's ok) but most
    of the failures are from :

    Database server not responding

    I suspect it's something about these 2 DB's since all the others run fine
    but the DBA insists it's BENT. Can anyone help out with some advice here,
    I'd greatly appreciate it.

    JS

  2. Re: Need Help with Backup Problem

    1. Make sure no SQL Agent Jobs are running during the Backup job (DBCC, Rebuild
    2. Check your Network Card Settings. I had a bad network card once causing
    a problem like this.

    "JS" wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >I'm re-posting this hoping to get some feedback.
    >
    >I am in need of some help with backing up SQL. BENT 8.0 (3315)
    >on WIN2K backing up SQ7. I have 2 database that constantly failing, especially
    >the fulls over the weekend.
    >
    >Sometime error is database corrupt (DBA checks and says it's ok) but most
    >of the failures are from :
    >
    >Database server not responding
    >
    >I suspect it's something about these 2 DB's since all the others run fine
    >but the DBA insists it's BENT. Can anyone help out with some advice here,
    >I'd greatly appreciate it.
    >
    >JS

  3. Re: Need Help with Backup Problem

    I cannot find anything on this issue in the Veritas KB. My only suggestion
    is to reinstall the SQL Client Connectivity components on the BENT server.
    Be sure to update to the same service pack version that the SQL Server is
    running. This will get MDAC to the proper level.

    If you receive no other suggestions, I would have to say that you need to
    call Veritas Support.

    Alex

    "JS" wrote in message news:3ad2e632$1@hronntp01....

    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm re-posting this hoping to get some feedback.
    >
    > I am in need of some help with backing up SQL. BENT 8.0 (3315)
    > on WIN2K backing up SQ7. I have 2 database that constantly failing,

    especially
    > the fulls over the weekend.
    >
    > Sometime error is database corrupt (DBA checks and says it's ok) but most
    > of the failures are from :
    >
    > Database server not responding
    >
    > I suspect it's something about these 2 DB's since all the others run fine
    > but the DBA insists it's BENT. Can anyone help out with some advice here,
    > I'd greatly appreciate it.
    >
    > JS

+ Reply to Thread