Data Encryption? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Data Encryption? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anybody know - (I've looked in the Veritas site, the pdf manual and all the help stuff I can find - to no avail) if there is an option to encrypt the data as it is being backed up? ...

  1. Data Encryption?

    Does anybody know - (I've looked in the Veritas site, the pdf manual and all
    the help stuff I can find - to no avail) if there is an option to encrypt
    the data as it is being backed up? I want to start storing our data
    off-site and am being paranoid and untrusting of the average, bored Data
    Warehouse employee!!

    Thanks

    Dougie

  2. Re: Data Encryption?

    As far as I know BackupExec does not have a Data Encryption feature.
    Veritas NetBackup however has this support.

    "Dougie Campbell" wrote:
    >Does anybody know - (I've looked in the Veritas site, the pdf manual and

    all
    >the help stuff I can find - to no avail) if there is an option to encrypt
    >the data as it is being backed up? I want to start storing our data
    >off-site and am being paranoid and untrusting of the average, bored Data
    >Warehouse employee!!
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Dougie

  3. Re: Data Encryption?

    Job properties -> Advanced -> password

    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

    "Dougie Campbell" wrote in message
    > Does anybody know - (I've looked in the Veritas site, the pdf manual and

    all
    > the help stuff I can find - to no avail) if there is an option to encrypt
    > the data as it is being backed up? I want to start storing our data
    > off-site and am being paranoid and untrusting of the average, bored Data
    > Warehouse employee!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dougie

+ Reply to Thread