SLOW Citrix Metframe backups - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SLOW Citrix Metframe backups - Veritas Backup Exec ; I get speeds as high as 267 MB/min over the LAN but as soon as it hits the Metaframe server it crawls at only 11 MB/min on the system partition and 25MB on the second partition. Any insights would be ...

  1. SLOW Citrix Metframe backups

    I get speeds as high as 267 MB/min over the LAN but as soon as it hits the
    Metaframe server it crawls at only 11 MB/min on the system partition and
    25MB on the second partition. Any insights would be appreciated.

    I'm using BE 8.5, a Quantum DLT 8000 with it's own Adapted 29160, and a W2K
    Server (Dual 866 w/ 512MB RAM and plenty of free hard drive space) to back
    Citrix Metaframe 1.8 on NT 4 (Dual 450 w/ 512MB RAM and plenty of free hard
    drive space) over a 100Mb switched network.

  2. Re: SLOW Citrix Metframe backups

    On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:31:17 -0500, "Robert Murray"
    wrote:

    >I get speeds as high as 267 MB/min over the LAN but as soon as it hits the
    >Metaframe server it crawls at only 11 MB/min on the system partition and
    >25MB on the second partition. Any insights would be appreciated.

    Is the agent accelerator loaded on the Citrix box ?
    Have you tried a manual copy of a large file from the Citrix box to BE
    box just to verity that the network is "running"

  3. Re: SLOW Citrix Metframe backups

    I have the Agent Accelerator loaded. I have tested with some file transfer
    and it does appear that I am experiencing some slow transfers from the
    server but not to. This should be a fun one to try and figure out.

    "Flemming Riis" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:31:17 -0500, "Robert Murray"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I get speeds as high as 267 MB/min over the LAN but as soon as it hits

    the
    > >Metaframe server it crawls at only 11 MB/min on the system partition and
    > >25MB on the second partition. Any insights would be appreciated.

    > Is the agent accelerator loaded on the Citrix box ?
    > Have you tried a manual copy of a large file from the Citrix box to BE
    > box just to verity that the network is "running"

+ Reply to Thread